This course gives aspiring young entrepreneurs a clear understanding of the path of entrepreneurship, the risks and rewards of being an entrepreneur, as well as the business start-up process. Young men and women will benefit from enhancing their entrepreneurial mindset and developing skills to identify and act on opportunities.
This course is part of the ITC Youth and Trade Initiative, which is aimed at fostering the inclusion of young entrepreneurs into international markets and global value chains, with the ultimate objective of creating jobs and income opportunities.
NOTE: We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome or Safari browsers to ensure an optimal experience viewing the lectures.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the risks and rewards of taking the entrepreneurship route;
- Identify the role of an entrepreneur;
- Conceptualize entrepreneurship as a process;
- Formulate a Business Opportunity Assessment to decide whether or not to act on an identified business idea; and
- Produce a Business Model Canvas to document a company's value proposition, infrastructure, customers and finances.
- Lecture 1: Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Case Study 1: Overview of Youth Employment
- Lecture 2: Being an Entrepreneur
- Case Study 2: Being an Entrepreneur
- Lecture 3: The Entrepreneurship Process
- Case Study 3: The Entrepreneurship Process