This course introduces participants to the role of Foreign Trade Representatives (FTRs) and the ways in which TSI members can efficiently use the international network that they constitute. It investigates the complementary roles of TSIs and FTRs, as well as the different services which FTRs offer. Focus is placed on the various activities involved in organizing the participation of a group of enterprises in an international trade fair.
NOTE: We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome or Safari browsers to ensure an optimal experience viewing the lectures.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how the services of a Foreign Trade Representative relate to meeting the needs of exporting enterprises; and
- Make decisions with regards to the planning process for trade promotion events abroad
- Lecture 1: Introduction to the Functions of a Foreign Trade Representative
- Lecture 2: The Foreign Trade Representative Service Portfolio
- Case Study 1
- Lecture 3: Planning and Coordinating a Trade Promotion Event
- Case Study 2
- Tutor: Sebastian Rodas (Tutor)