This course introduces participants to trade policy from the perspective of exporting enterprises. It covers the ways in which trade policy matters to enterprises along different stages of the value chain, as well as the ways and reasons in which TSIs influence policy making and reform processes on behalf of enterprises. This requires an understanding of the value chain of exporting enterprises and an ability to recognise the policy instruments that affect each part of the value chain.
NOTE: We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome or Safari browsers to ensure an optimal experience viewing the lectures.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:Analyse trade policy issues and the ways in which they affect the competitiveness of enterprises across the value chain; and
Apply strategies to enable TSIs to influence trade policy making and reform process
- Lecture 1: Introduction to Trade Policy
- Lecture 2: Trade Policy Instruments
- Case Study 1: it serves as the assessment for this course
- Lecture 3: The Role of the TSI
- Case Study 2: it serves as the assessment for this course