This module introduces the participant to supply chain management and its importance in businesses for managing the supply chain key competencies and trade-offs. The module provides a practical model for positioning purchased and inventory items and developing appropriate strategies to manage the competencies that will help businesses become more operational effective and competitive.
NOTE: We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome or Safari browsers to ensure an optimal experience viewing the lectures.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the impact of SCM competencies in a small enterprise; and
- Identify strategies (trade-offs) in a supply chain that positively impact on cost, quality, responsiveness, and delivery for a small enterprise
- Lecture 1: What is Supply Chain Management
- Lecture 2: Key Competencies and Trade-Offs
- Lecture 3: Using Tools to Develop Supply Chain Strategies
- Case Study Exercise