This course provides techniques to enable Business Support Organizations (BSOs) improve the sustainability, relevance and effectiveness of the services they provide to their beneficiaries by using the business model and business planning approach. It assists BSO staff in articulating the unique value proposition of their organization, understanding how to build a revenue-supported business model, map out their organization's services, evaluate demand for new services, and conduct a situation analysis, needs assessment and feasibility study.
NOTE: We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome or Safari browsers to ensure an optimal experience viewing the lectures.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop a BSO products and services pyramid for their organization;
- Conduct a PEST and SWOT analysis; and
- Create a basic business plan following a standard layout.
- Module 1: Developing the Services of Business Support Organizations Using the Business Model Approach
- Module 2: Building Sustainable BSO Revenue-based Services with Business Planning
- Case Study Exercise
- Tutor: Aman Goel