This course introduces the basic concepts involved in the internationalization of information technology (IT) and IT-enabled services (ITES) from the perspective of companies looking to internationalize. The course provides participants with information on the current international IT and ITES landscape, introduces important terminology, and gives an overview of the different aspects of IT and ITES outsourcing, providing practical information on the challenges of exporting IT-related services, the local marketing activities to perform in support of these services, and the different ways and advantages of cooperating with other companies/groups.
NOTE: We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome or Safari browsers to ensure an optimal experience viewing the lectures.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the differences between IT products, IT services, and IT-enabled services, as well as the different trends in these sectors.
- Understand the factors involved in the creation of a successful IT-related export industry.
- Understand the different aspects of IT products, IT services, and IT-enabled services.
- Understand the challenges of exporting IT products, IT services, and IT-enabled services.
- Understand the topics to consider and the actions to take in order to prepare for exporting IT, IT services and IT-enabled services.
- Lecture 1: Introduction to the internationalization of IT and ITES
- Lecture 2: An overview of IT and ITES activities
- Lecture 3: Is your company ready to internationalize?
- Case Study Exercise
- Tutor: Martin Labbé (Tutor)