This course introduces the reasons for which environmental, social and economic sustainability is important to a small enterprise. It highlights both the short and long-term benefits of sustainability and introduces industry best practices in dealing with the challenges inherent in adopting them, with a focus on examples of enterprises which have successfully benefited from introducing sustainable measures in their business activities.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Associate the importance of sustainability to business success;
- Identify ways in which an enterprise can reduce its negative impact on the environment;
- Identify ways in which an enterprise can improve its social responsibility; and
- Complete a basic enterprise sustainability assessment.
NOTE: We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome or Safari browsers to ensure an optimal experience viewing the lectures.
- Lecture 1: Introduction to Sustainability
- Lecture 2: The Environment and Sustainability
- Lecture 3: Society and Sustainability
- Lecture 4: Economics and the Overall Sustainability of an Enterprise
- Case Study Exercise
- Tutor: Juan Hoyos