This course gives aspiring young entrepreneurs a clear understanding of the path of entrepreneurship, the risks and rewards of being an entrepreneur, as well as the business start-up process. Young men and women will benefit from enhancing their entrepreneurial mindset and developing skills to identify and act on opportunities.
It takes you through the main concepts behind innovation, allowing you to understand how innovation adds value to your business, why it is important to consider it in your strategy, and how to operationalize it. As an entrepreneur, you probably have heard a lot about innovation, especially if you are working with digital technologies. However, Innovation is not only a concept that fits the digital world, it is a process that places the needs of the customer at the centre of any offering.
NOTE: We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome or Safari browsers to ensure an optimal experience viewing the lectures.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess why innovation is important for your business;
- Evaluate the elements necessary to create an enabling environment;
- Understand the importance of developing an innovation strategy;
- Evaluate the resources you need to develop your strategy; and
- Determine if HCD is crucial for a successful business.
- Lecture 1: Innovation in Your Enterprise
- Lecture 2: How Innovation is Related to Your Business Strategy
- Lecture 3: Human Centered Design for Business
- Final Assessment