This course introduces participants to virtual marketplaces (VMPs), which are a type of e-commerce website on which individual businesses can sell their products or services internationally. It begins by presenting the rationale for selling online, presenting both the pros and cons of such activities. It then moves on to discuss the various types of VMPs available, correlating their attributes with potential advantages for certain markets and products. The course concludes with an elaboration of the content and information required to set up an online store on a VMP, noting useful tips to create attractive and effective product information and pictures.
NOTE: We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome or Safari browsers to ensure an optimal experience viewing the lectures.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the advantages of selling online;
- Select the right VMP for their chosen markets and products; and
- Prepare the required content and information to operate a VMP-based online store.
- Module 1: Why Sell Online?
- Module 2: Selecting Your VMP
- Module 3: Operating a VMP-based Online Store
- Case Study Exercise
- Tutor: Annabel Sykes